Most of the readers of this site may think that this talk is a little bit on the basic side. It was definitely an introductory discussion that may be a little bit below some of the long-term readers of this site. However, as I found out compiling my notes, a refresher course never hurts either.
I want to give a special thanks to John P. for arranging the video and getting it online as well as the wonderful people working for the city of Frisco, TX for both allowing us to host the event in their town hall and for doing the video editing and making me look almost good.
The video is below followed by links to other session videos as well as some of my personal WordCamp memories.
Here are the other sessions that are currently available:
- Matt Mullenweg: WordPress 2.5 and Beyond
- John Pozadzides: 45 Ways to Power Up Your Blog
- Cali Lewis & Neal Campbell: Just Start
- Liz Strauss: C’mon, Let’s Talk!
- Lorelle VanFossen: WordPress Power Tips
- Charles Stricklin & Company: WordPress Podcast Live (also includes me)
- Aaron Brazell: WordPress FAQs
There are other sessions slated to go up later this week or early next so pay attention to John P’s blog and see if any of the new sessions posted are of interest!
WordCamp Dallas was a lifetime of memories in a few short days. I can not even begin to thank all of the people I met for making it special but I do want to thank Charles Stricklin, the nice people at the city of Frisco and everyone that contributed to the event. It was a great time.
With that in mind, here are, in no particular order, five of the strongest memories I’ve carried away from the event.
- The unveiling of Woopra.
- Matt Mullenweg announcing the release of WordPress 2.5 and 100s of laptops start firing up.
- Lorelle ordering a large vegetable plate at a steakhouse and making all of the meat eaters, myself included, jealous.
- Matt Mullenweg “hijacking” my laptop during the WordPress Podcast and using my beat up computer (his fingerprints are worth way more than the laptop).
- Seeing Lorelle, Liz, Charles and everyone else for the first time in person and realizing that they are just as wonderful face to face as they are over the Web.
All in all, the experience was great and I can not wait until next year!