It is Monday again and that means that it is time for another episode of the Copyright 2.0 Show.
With the Halloween break we have some extra ground to cover this week but that just means there are some great copyright news stories for us to sink our teeth into.
First and foremost Taylor Swift, hot off the success of her new album, has pulled all of her music from Spotify. Supreme Court declined to hear the Sherlock Holmes case, putting most of the character firmly in the public domain. Also, broadcasters won their injunction against Aereo, pounding yet another nail into the coffin.
In movie news, Marvel is seeking more information about the person they allege leaked the trailer for the upcoming Avengers movie, another one of The Pirate Bay admins is arrested, this time in Laos and a woman sues after a hospital refuses to use copyright to slow the spread of a private photo.
All of that and a rather predictable update from the battle between German publishers and Google in this, Episode 347 of the Copyright 2.0 Show!
This week’s stories include:
- Taylor Swift Pulls Her Music from Spotify
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear Sherlock Holmes Case
- Broadcasters Secure Preliminary Injunction Against Aereo
- Marvel Wants the Identity of Trailer Leaker
- Another Pirate Bay Admin Arrested
- Hospital Sued When Private Photo Goes Viral
- German Publishers Back Down in Fight Against Google